14 December, 2011

Old Virus, Old Solutions

When I open my computer the following message appears:
Your computer has been locked!!
Your computer got my lemon, this is not that sour
Please text me at (############) and I will tell you how to unlock this.

Then I can't do anything at all except to shut it down. It's obviously a virus. It's an old scam to make you pay to get rid of it.  But, if you encounter this problem, don't  freak into death. This can be fix by this simple solutions.

Here's what to do:
  1. Boot into safe Mode.
  2. Go to the following registry keys and DELETE IT.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run/lock.exe HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunOnce/Gp
  1. After you delete them, open Run (in Vista, press Windows Key + R). Type msconfig.
  2. Go to Startup. Search for lock.exe  and disable it.
  3. Reboot Normally. Then Update your antivirus then scan. It should work fine.

1 comment :