03 July, 2012

How to Customize SquidGuard Error Page

SquidGuard is one of the packages of PfSense which works hand in hand with squid as URL filter. It functions as URL redirector that helps your method of blocking access to certain websites based on the web address. Customizing its error page is way better than using its default error page which displays the ip address of your server.

If u want to use image on errorpage like what I did, you need to put it on another webserver or within pfsense box itself. In my case, I use the most simple and easy option. I chose to use the ext url move (enter url) option and use the link of my image in external redirection url. Here is how to do it:
1. Create a customized image.
2. Host the image in image hosting site. I use imgbox.com  because it's faster than other hosting sites.
3. After configuring your blacklist, Under the Common ACL tab, choose ext url move (enter url) option.
4. Put the link of your image in the redirect info.
5. Save the settings and that's it. 



0 comments :

Post a Comment