04 August, 2011

Hard Drive Keeps Filling Up

I was experiencing a sudden lost of free disk space in short period of time. My hard drive keeps filling up and I can't find out where it goes or what was using it. I had already removing some unnecessary programs and deleted all files from the recycle bin and desktop but it was not fixing the problem.
Upon investigating I found the possible causes and its solutions:
1. I may using an application that creating a log file in my system drive.
To check this, you need to check the sizes of folders and files in program files. Download View Folder Size Pro and install it to your system and follow the instruction bellow.
  • Open Windows Explorer at drive root folder.
  • Set Detailed view mode.
  • Open View menu and select Details.
  • Click the View menu again and select Choose Details. This opens the Choose Details
  • Now look at the window and find the string SizeEx. Check a box near the SizeEx line and move it up using the appropriate button.
  • Move this line into the second place. Then disable the standard Size column. Press the OK button.
2. The Anti-Virus is getting corrupted and generating files in the windows/temp folder or it maybe caused by a virus which main task is to duplicate automatically any files in my system drive.
To fix this error, you need to uninstall your anti-virus and clear out the temp folder. Download and install malwarebytes Anti-malware and scan your system. Reinstall your anti-virus and scan your system.

0 comments :

Post a Comment