15 July, 2011

Almost All Applications are not Found after Removing XP Security 2012

I know that XP Security 2012 is a fake security program that pretends to be a malware removal tool. It change the Registry and drop fake random files which later are detected as malware. I am also aware that this can be removed by malwarebyte's anti malware, so I have no problem about it. 
BUT the problem is.., after running the malwarebytes and removed the XP security 2012, I cannot open almost all the applications. Every time I click the application, a pop-up error says "application not found" or it gives me a little window saying choose the file you want to open. I know that this is a kind of trojan virus and its driving me crazy. 
THANKS! that I found this solution in  Windows® XP File Association Fixes. 

Here is how to fixed the problem.
  1. Start the windows normally and open the Firefox browser. Click the Firefox browser, and in choose the file you want to open window, choose the firefox application to open it.
  2. Go to this link, Windows® XP File Association Fixes.
  3. In the given link, click the "EXE File association fix" to download the file.
  4. Double click the downloaded file to fix the problem.
  5. And lastly, remove the possible remaining treats by rescanning the system.
I hope it helps. This kind of malware attacks is need to prevented so we need to be careful of downloading from any unsafe sources. If this solution does help to solve the problem, please leave a comment on this page.

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for posting the hints. I followed your instructions and my Windows XP was restored to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I'm glad that it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!THANK U SOO MUCH. This helped a bunch:)

    ReplyDelete